You may find a Banana in your 3SqrMeal lunch often and if you have been wondering why, here is a list of benefits of adding the humble banana to your daily diet.
- A single banana contains only about 105 calories, and consists almost exclusively of water and carbs. Bananas contain very little protein and almost no fat.
- High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
- Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
- Bananas have a low glycemic index and the resistant starch which keeps you full longer.
- Rich in Iron. They help relieve Anemia.
Besides all the health benefits, the convenience and easy availability makes the Banana a great snack for any part of the day!